Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:32:40 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Splitting a port into optional pieces... games/crossfire

On Mon 1999-06-21 (01:59), Dave Chapeskie wrote:
> I'm sure it can be done in a single port (for the client that is, the
> server should still be a separate port no matter what) except that
> making a pre-built package for the FreeBSD CDs and the FTP site then
> becomes difficult.  I would think it's fine to have the pre-built
> package always use the new sound system but making it only X11 or only
> GTK (or both, ick) isn't all that desirable IMHO.
>
> > In the interests of KISS I'd say the fewer ports you make the better.
>
> Actually I thinks it's simpler having multiple ports in this case which
> is why I suggested it.  I of course may be entirely wrong :-)

I'm currently doing some work on generating multiple packages from one
port directory, using my port configurator as a base
(http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~nbm/portconf/).

What I still need is _exact_ make variables that will be set when packages
are being created, and this behaviour is wanted.

I think I'm close on a solution here. (ie, generate tin-nntponly and normal
tin packages from one port)

Comments, help, code, &c. on the port configurator welcome.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za