Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:40:01 -0500
From:      Rohit Dube <rohit@cs.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMC 10/100 PCI Ethernet Cards

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could post the state of driver support
for the SMC 10/100 PCI cards.

I am running SMC9332DSTs with FreeBSD 2.2 and they work fine.
However the SMC web site doesn't list this version at all!!
They have : SMC9332BDT, SMC9334BDT. Whats the
support like on these cards? (Last I heard, the 9332BDT was
being worked on).

Related Question:
The 9334BDT is a 10/100 Dual Channel card, with the two channels
claimed to be independent. I was thinking of using one of these
in a box to put up a firewall. Anybody see them work (well) on
a *BSD, UN*X box?

Thanks.

--rohit.