Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 01:54:01 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com (Brett Glass)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gateway Solo with ATAPI CD-ROM: How to install?

Brett Glass stands accused of saying:

> > This is the GW2000 desktop drive (I believe a CR563 or similar), or the
> > one in their laptop?
>
> I think Eric's is a desktop. I'm referring to the one in their Solo
> laptops.

No, Eric has a Solo too; the CDrom in it is very similar to the one that
works in my Sharp laptop.  As far as I can guess then, the problem is
most likely to be that the Solo has the CDrom as the slave on the first
controller, and the ATAPI probe isn't good enough to find it.

I'm not sufficiently clued (or in posession of a unit to test with even if
I was) to help much more here. 8(