Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:18:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ch0 disappears when st0 is enabled

Hi,

I have got a DLT 2700 STACKER tape drive with 7 tapes in it.
When I enable ch0 in the kernel config, it will find a device
ch0 on LUN 1. As far as I have understood, this device is only for
changing the tapes, not for reading or writing to it.
But as soon as I enable st0 also, the ch0 line disappears and is
replaced by an st0 on LUN 0 (with the same SCSI address of course).

Is it possible, that other LUNs are not probed, as soon as one
device is found (in my case the st0)?

Thanks for any advices...

Andre

P.S.: I'm running the current 2.2-ALPHA kernel...