Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 08:36:57 -0500
From:      "C. O'Donnell" <codonnell@bus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   386 won't boot from 2.1 boot.flp

I am trying to upgrade a 386DX-33 w/387, 4 Mb ram, IDE drive to 2.1

A kernel compiled on another machine and copied over will boot without
problem, but a dd'ed boot.flp disk yields the message attached below.

1) Can I disable something to allow this to boot?

2) Not enough ram?

3) Since I can get a compiled kernel to boot, is there some other
   way to upgrade 2.0.5 -> 2.1 from an NFS:/cdrom without the
   using the boot.flp?

Please respond directly as I am not on the questions mailing list.

Thanks,
Chuck

.
.
.
rootfs is 1000 Kbyte compiled in MFS

fault virtual address  = 0x0
fault code             = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xf018c82d
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags       = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process        = 1 swapper
interrupt mask         = net tty bio
panic: page fault
.