Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:57:51 +0900
From:      Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
To:        drew@Poohsticks.Org
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG

I do not have sufficient information about IPR concerning DV.
I think there are too many IPR of video/voice encoding techniqueue.
But, I believe untouching encoding is completely safe such as only
capture picture frame that Drew provided.

BDW, the DV related specification can also purchase as IEC std.
I think the IEC spec. is the same of the BLUEBOOK, given by you.
To buy from IEC may be easy for the people outside Japan.
The IEC spec. information is as follows:

IEC 61834 series. (It may define  DV encoding. But, I have not read it.)
IEC 61883 series. (It defines the packet format in IEEE1394)

                                                     Katsushi Kobayashi
                                                     ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp