Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:46:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      kfurge@worldnet.att.net
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk based audio editing tool?

Hello all.

I am trying to convert some of my old LP's to something a little more
portable and am interested in capturing some audio tracks with my sound
card. I am, however, having trouble locating an audio editing program that
can gracefully handle large files.  I want to be able to record the tracks
in 16 bit stereo at 44.1 kHz (CD quality).  Some of the tracks are in
excess of 8+ minutes.

After capturing, I would like to use the editor to trim the ends and
filter out any pops and clicks.  I looked through the 'audio' section of
the ports collection and tried 'dap' and 'mxv' but being memory based
editors, they maxed out my system fairly quickly.

Any ideas or pointers on where to find a disk file based editor that can
handle these monsters?

- K.C. Furge