Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:26:16 +0800
From:      "Wing Tim" <twchim1@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem configuring Lucent WaveLAN PC card

Dear All,
After installing FreeBSD 4.2-Release, I inserted the Lucent WaveLAN PC
card to the computer through an ISA adapter. Then I added the lines:

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT" (also tried pccard_mem="0xe0000")

into the file /etc/rc.conf. After that I typed "pccardd" in the terminal to
try to bring up the WaveLAN card. However, the error "fatal error: no
PC-CARD slots" appeared on the screen and there's no light on the WaveLAN
card.
Anyone knows what I error I've made? Also did I miss some steps in the
configuration?
Thanks very much and look forward to hearing from you!

Wing Tim