Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:27:38 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Sudirman Hassan <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable boot -s ??

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:23:18PM +0800, Sudirman Hassan wrote:
> I got a lab session just now on tcp/ip using freebsd box in comp
> lab. I become very irrirated to the way system admin ( windows
> admin actually ) set the box so I just trying boot -s. mount -a
> and then copy bin/sh into other directory where I can access as a
> user later ( with other name called game *grin* and set suid and
> well as guid.

Whatever you did, education of the admin is a better way to achieve it.

rm `which boot` will solve the problem, but there is nothing which
will prevent people from compiling boot again.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: