Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:09:23 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make index failing on chinese/acroread5-chsfont

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 03:01:32AM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> root@it> /usr/ports/mail/nail [2:59:34] 0
>  # ll /usr/ports/chinese/ | grep acro
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_CN
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_TW
>
> remove that directory and ask yourself what did you do to have it there.
>
> Perhaps rm -r /usr/ports/* and cvsup again

I don't think Mr. Symonds "did anything to have it there".  It's on
all of our system as well, and is not being deleted via cvsup.  I
believe this is normal behaviour (for cvsup).

Does using portsnap solve this kind-of dilemma at the core?

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |