Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:32:09 -0300 (EST)
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        SINELNIKOV@sbmp04.ess.sunysb.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can not boot???

> Please, send me a message if you find any of the components
> listed above unsupported by FreeBSD. From FreeBSD handbook
> I got only suspicious about Ethernet card.
>
> So I decided to proceed and installed FreeBSD from another
> harddrive (in minimal configuration). I allocated the whole
> 450Mb disk for it and run Novice instalation. Installation
> was completed succesfully.
>
> However I could not boot to FreeBSD from that disk. The
> default settings apparently were hanging the computer so
> I had to give it a cold reboot. If I tryed to specify some
> other command at the boot prompt, it allowed me to do so,
> but later kept on rebooting after each hit of Return key.
> I tryed different partition of the disk but that did not
> help either.

Hello  Yegor,

Your configurations seems ok to me as it boots from the diskette,

It seems that the problem is with the geometry of the hd.
Check that the geometry of the hd reported by the bios is the same FreeBSD
reports.

If you install FreeBSD alone on the disk, choose All disk and option "NO"
for sharing another operating system. This works for me on all kind of disks.