Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 1996 08:48:23 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV), hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup%d is broken - I agree

>Any suggestions on promoting and facilitating this level of
>reliability?  Would an `admin' mailing list for all FreeBSD.ORG
>related resources help, or would it merely turn into a source of
>unwanted messages for admins who already get too much mail?  It
>certainly doesn't seem like such reports should be sent to hackers,
>anyway.  There's too much traffic there.
>
>					Jordan

I think that a method of reliably replicating the collections between
servers is in order.  I'm not positive that all our servers are using the
same lists and even if they are, there's no guarantee that a change to the
collections on Freefall will propogate.  I'll set something up later this
week that will make the whole process automatic for the "child" sup sites.
The supserver kit will become four files: supfile, supfile.conf,
customize.sh, README.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations