Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 1995 20:14:34 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@parody.tecc.co.uk>
To:        Ben Park <ben@bayscenes.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Second SCSI drive installation question.

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Ben Park wrote:

> Please help me. I am at a loss.  I have been working with 2.0.5 release of freeBSD and have been working with a 4GB SCSI hard drive for a while.  I am trying to install another 2 GB SCSI drive to the system, a Quantum model VP32210, and I am having problems with it.  The parameter of the drive reported by the system is: cylinders= 4243, head = 8, sectors = 255 and the total sectors = 4276943.

Here's an extract from a Usenet posting by Bill Paul a few months ago
(disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself):-

<QUOTE>

All you have to do is this:

- Run sysinstall (as root, monkey boy).
- Go to the partition table editor.
- Select the drive you want to use.
- Partition it as you please.
- When you've got it set up the way you like it, press 'w' to get
  into wizard mode.
- At the wizard mode prompt, type 'write.' The sysinstall program
  should write the new partition table to the disk.
- Type 'quit' to leave wizard mode.
- Exit the partition editor.
- Go to the disklabel editor.
- Set up the label as you please.
- Type 'w' to get into wizard mode again.
- Type 'write' to write the label.
- Quit out of wizard mode.
- Quit the label editor.
- Quit sysinstall.

All you have to do now is newfs the partitions you've just created
and add them to /etc/fstab. This part is simple enough that you
don't need sysinstall to do it.

</QUOTE>

2.1.0 users should note that the wizard mode has now been incorporated
into the user interface (it was an undocumented option in 2.0.5).

James

Segmentation fault (core dumped): cannot find file '.signature'