Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 16:42:51 -0300
From:      Franco Bruno Borghesi <fborghesi@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Knipe <savage@savage.za.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swap space

Actually having a separated disk for swap should increase your performance.
But my opinion is that if you really need *all* the 40 GB of swap when your=
=20
system's ram is 3 GB, you won't see the difference: most of the data your=
=20
system needs is swapped out!

You could add a partition to your new disk (let's say 2 or 3 times the=20
amount of ram), and leave the rest unpartitioned. You could use that extra=
=20
space later for nightly backups, emergencies, etc. without loosing your=20
performance gain.

Hope it helps.

PS: Is there a FreeBSD 5.4 stable version?