Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:09:53 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Free BSD

This _is_ -chat, so here goes:   :-)

> I read an article in which an engineer at one of the major American car
> manufacturers said that response time could be improved by placing
> braking/acceleration controls on the steering wheel.  He argued that the
> time required for the driver to move his feet was significant in decisions
> requiring split-second responses.  But you know how many car makers were
> interested in adopting his idea?  Zero!  Because nobody wants to relearn
> how to use his hands rather than his feet to drive the car.  I sure
> wouldn't rent/buy one.

Actually, my car has got hand controls, and I was very intersted in learning
how to use them. AND - my ability to hit the brakes is one heck of a lot
faster than foot-brakes. My right hand holds the brake "pedal" permanently.

Back to the GUI thread. I've said my bit.

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn