Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:18:17 +0100 (GMT/BST)
From:      System Administrator <pgm@rotting.cheese.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pgm@rotting.cheese.org
Subject:   How do I get the boot: prompt to show on the serial console?

Hi

Having read: a kernel with options COMCONSOLE.
Unplug the keyboard from the system.

  I did so, but, I'm using 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP because of our Adaptec SCSIs
and ../../compile/NEWKERNEL
    make
does this
DINET -DKERNEL -c vers.c
cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_dainit' referenced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_cdinit' referenced from data segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
 I went to
 ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/FreeBSD/cam/2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP/src/
to get the source and tried again (to no avail)

Can anybody shed any light on the matter?

Thanks patmac