Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw and natd

the difference is what happens to packets after translation....

under 2.2.5 they are restarted after translation at teh beginning of the
filter again, but skipping the translation the second time through.

under 3.0 they re-enter the filter directly after the translation entry.
(where they left off)

if the translation entry is at the start, then the two cases are
equivalent.. :-)

(there is a kernel option in 2.2.7 to make it use the 3.0 semantics)

julian