Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:47:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPDATE2: ATA/ATAPI driver new version available.

Second update to the new ATA/ATAPI driver:

Now all actual probing of both ATA & ATAPI devices are done after
interrupts are enabled, this kills the last "unwanted interrupts"
(and there is no ugly hacks like in the old driver to avoid them).
Command interrupt devices are now supported, this applies mostly
to older CDROM's and apparently also the ZIP.

Fixed problems:

    Number of total sectors wrong on some older drives.
	Fixed by not using the LBA size unless we know its valid.

There has also been more general code clenaups, some reorgs also.

As usual USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!, this is still pre alpha level code.

But please tell me how it works for you!

Enjoy!

-Søren