Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:58:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alex Popa <razor@ldc.ro>
Cc:        Jeremy Andrews <jeremy@kerneltrap.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Speeding up ssh over modem?

:I am wondering if there is a way for sshd to check if the delay between
:two write()s to the terminal it creates are closer than say 5ms, and
:combining those on the outgoing wire, for a max of 10.  This would yield
:a max delay of 50ms, which I think would not really be noticeable.
:
:Alex
:
:Alex Popa,  |  "Artificial Intelligence is

    Try hacking your ssh to not set TCP_NODELAY.  In
    /usr/src/crypto/openssh/packet.c around line 1284.
    #if 0 out the setsockopt TCP_NODELAY code.

				-Matt