Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2010 21:18:51 -0500
From:      justin sullivan <j.p.sullivan@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:anybody else have an asus 900a

>>14
>>Date: Tue=2C 7 Dec 2010 11:05:43 -0800
>>From: Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
>>Subject: Anybody else have an ASUS 900A?

>>Well=2C no wonder it was so cheap=3B ASUS is going with their 10"
>>model.... Eventually I will put on FBSD=3B for the time being=2C if
>>anyone else onlist has this model=2C please write off list.
>>Trying to find the best way to put on ktts.

>>gary

Yeah mine was also pretty cheap=2C but thats why I bought it! I wiped the X=
andros distro off of it immediately and put Ubuntu netbook remix on it at f=
irst. Then moved on to Freebsd.  I've had FreeBSD on this machine for almos=
t a year now. Everything works well. The only problem I ran into was disk s=
pace as it only has a  4gb ssd. I got around this by using a 8 gb sd card f=
or my /usr partition. From what I've read online there is also an additiona=
l usb slot on the actual mother board=2C so you can use a micro usb key for=
 storage there as well.  Although=2C I haven't checked so I'm not 100% posi=
tive on that. I'm currently running 8.1-RELEASE with fluxbox=2C linux-opera=
(flash)=2C and about 400 other packages. Wireless works great=2C I don't in=
stall from ports unless I absolutely have to because it just takes so damn =
long to compile anything on here. Anyways you're wanting to install ktts on=
 your machine(/usr/ports/accessibility/ktts)? I dont forsee you having any =
problems using ktts on it.=20

Regards=2C

~Sully
 		 	   		  =