Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:41:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Help ASAP: Out of UDP space?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Nick Rogness wrote:

> Our Radius server seems to stop functioning after a while.  netstat
> -an reports:
>
> Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address (state)

> [SNIP]
> udp4       0      0  *.1646                 *.*
> udp4   32310      0  *.1645                 *.*
>
> netstat -mb reports:
>
> 275/640/18368 mbufs in use (current/peak/max):
>         171 mbufs allocated to data
>         1 mbufs allocated to packet headers
>         103 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
> 168/316/4592 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
> 792 Kbytes allocated to network (5% of mb_map in use)
> 0 requests for memory denied
> 0 requests for memory delayed
> 0 calls to protocol drain routines
>
> I tried Increasing net.inet.udp.recvspace with no luck.  WHat is going
> on?
>
> The Radius server receives the UDP packets but never seems to send the
> back.

	I misspoke here.  According to tcpdump it is sending the
	response back to the NAS.  I need to get a packet sniffer between
	the NAS and the BSD machine to determine if it is actually getting
	transmitted across the wire or not.  This problem is happening on
	both fBSD based Radius servers at about the same time.  Maybe load
	related?  Only other thing in common between the 2 is that they
	both have fxp ethernet cards.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets