Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:34:02 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        jasmack2@altavista.com (Jason McKay)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Urgent Help Needed - panic problems

On 30 Nov 1999 10:46:04 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>About every 3 days the system holts, on the screen it only reports:
>
>panic: timeout table full
>
>I have replaced almost every piece of hardware in the computer, and it hasn't helped.
> Is there anything else I can do, like increasing the size of the table.

What is MAXUSERS set to in your kernel ?  Before it crashes, how many
processes are running ? Do you have any custom software on your system
forking off children ?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)