Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:58:19 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Out of file descriptor error 3.1-BETA

I had that same problem.  I isolated it to the end of rc.conf.  It's
the "script" portion that doens't work.  In my older 2.2.7 rc.conf,
the script was an if statement.  In the 3.1 beta, it was a for loop.
The for loop was the problem.  BTW, I have no clue what either was
doing.  But now, I have a working system, so I consider the matter
solved.

Manu