Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:57:41 -0400
From:      Rip Toren <rptoren@critters.itserealm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ?No run-time symbol table error

Folks;
  I just installed 3.2 and am getting the following when attempting to start Xwindows:

ignoring d_tag 33360618      #number is not exact, 21 times
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper: Shared object has no run-time symbol
table

? Who has no run-time symbols, ld-elf or Xwrapper ?
This ELF stuff is new to me, never had load errors with a.out. I get the same when trying
to run the 'extract' utility with XFree86 3.3.4 package.

FreeBSD 3.2R (subscription)
Vanilla install 2 days ago
Simple network
1 user account