Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 08:33:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen F. Combs" <combssf@salem.ge.com>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what is bsdish?

Chris,
	As the sysadmin for ALL of our UNIX boxes here at GE Drives, I can
tell you HP/UX  is NOT BSDish.  HP/UX is based on SystemVRel3 (not even
3.2!) with HPisms abounding.  SunO/S (up to SunO/S 5, Solaris 2.x) is
based on BSD 4.2, with SunO/S 5 based on System V Rel 4.0.  I have to
maintain BOTH environments!

----
Stephen F. Combs                 Internet:	CombsSF@Salem.GE.COM
GE DS&TC		 	 Voice:		540.387.8828
Network Services		 Home:		CombsSF-Home@Salem.GE.COM
1501 Roanoke Blvd                FAX:		540.387.7106
Salem, VA  24153                 LapTop:	CombsSF-Mobile@Salem.GE.COM