Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:44:42 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Aniruddha Bohra <bohra@cs.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot pair with Audiovox SMT5600 Bluetooth

Hello,

>  I have been trying to get the bluetooth pairing between the above
> cellphone and my FreeBSD 6.0-Release host.
>
>  I followed the instructions in the handbook and created the entry
> for the phone in /etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.conf as follows :
>
> evice {
>         bdaddr  00:09:2d:1b:15:a3;
>         name    "Audiovox";
>         key      nokey;
>         pin     "1234";
> }
>
> On starting rfcomm_pppd from the host, I get :
>
> hcsecd[1107]: Got PIN_Code_Request event from 'ubt0hci', remote bdaddr
> 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
> hcsecd[1107]: Found matching entry, remote bdaddr 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3,
> name 'Audiovox', PIN code exists
> hcsecd[1107]: Sending PIN_Code_Reply to 'ubt0hci' for remote bdaddr
> 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
> hcsecd[1107]: Got Link_Key_Notification event from 'ubt0hci', remote
> bdaddr 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
> hcsecd[1107]: Updating link key for the entry, remote bdaddr
> 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3, name 'Audiovox', link key exists
>
> Any ideas what might be going wrong and how to debug this ?

well, from what i can see everything is working as expected. your phone
requests pin code and we send it back. the next event shows that link
key is generated and stored. so, "pairing" procedure is completed.

> BTW, I tried with both :
> hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_node_role_switch 0
> and without it with the same result.

no, that is not your problem. most likely the phone is trying to do
something else after it has opened baseband connection.

> The phone gives an error saying the phone did not connect.

please install hcidump port from comms/hcidump and run as root

# hcidump -w dump.file

this will block. then try one more time. after you got the error,
interrupt hcidump with ctrl+c and send me the dump.file

thanks,
max