Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:45:22 -0800
From:      "Joshua Byrnes" <jbyrnes@w-link.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HDD setup & boot questions

	I apologize if this is the incorrect address to which to direct this
question.  I am a newbie and taking interest in FreeBSD and Linux for
recreational/educational purposes.  I purchased "The Complete FreeBSD" and
it is a wonderful book but I cannot seem to find an answer to my particular
question/situation.
	Right now I have 2 EIDE HDD, both WDC with the following statistics s my
BIOS reports them
				SIZE		CYL		HD		PRECOMP	LAND
		HDD1:NORMAL	 13677		26500		16		65535		26499
		HDD2:NORMAL	 10141		19650		16		65535		19649

	I have an ASUS P2B-DS motherboard, which can read large HDD's correctly.
	I have Partition Magic 4.0

	I am planning to start from scratch reformatting both drives and Triple
booting WIN98/or WIN2000, FreeBSD and Linux.

***Going with the assumption that I will have to install the MS-Operating
System on the first partition of drive 1, what are the requirements/ options
in where I can Install FreeBSD and Linux?  Can I have HDD1 all for MS-OS and
HDD2 for FreeBSD and Linux? Or is there a location requirement that I need
to follow.  I have read about the requirement of the root file system
needing to be installed within the 1024 cyl.  Because my BIOS can handle
very large HDD, am I still limited by this?****

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
-Josh