Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:59:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, gaylord@gaylord.async.vt.edu
Subject:   Re: has this been fixed?

>From: Clark Gaylord <gaylord@gaylord.async.vt.edu>
>Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 22:29:28 -0500 (EST)

>> Just out of curiousity, how did the threshold for "a bit too long" get
>> determined?  Is this defined in the IDE standard?  Did someone conduct

>IDE standard?  You are funny.  Let me guess, that's published on
>www.snakeoil.com, right?

Ummm....  I didn't ask the original question, but it's not at all clear
to me why it should be "funny."

Given that someone evidently thinks it is, I gether from context that
the phrase "IDE standard" is a reference to a nonentity?  Is there an
expectation that anyone who might ever want to use a FreeBSD system
should know this?

And what would the Chicago Tribune have to do with it?

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621