Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 11:04:40 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Abdellah Djebli <djebli@firewall.sickkids.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ddp_route error

Abdellah Djebli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a box running FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE.
> It is running fine, except that we have this error:
> /kernel: ddp_route: still have no valid route.
> We could not find the source for this error.
> Do you have any idea where this is coming from.
>
> Thank you much
>
> Abdu
>
> djebli@sickkids.on.ca

I presume, since you have it running that you applied the  2.2.5
ERRATA patches..

basically the routing in appletalk can be quite complicated.
there is a case where an outgoing packet discovers that it's route
to a destination is wrong, and invalidates it.
then it tries to find a replacement, and if it can't, that message is
produced..
however appletalk is quite robust, and I don't think you will see any
failures because of it.

it's on my list to try fix that a bit better.

julian