Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:39:53 -0800
From:      Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad X21 Experience?

I'm about to try using fips on my IBM Thinkpad X21 to move the FAT32 Windows
2000 Pro partition aside and make room for FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE.

Would anyone who has already put FreeBSD on an X21 please let me know what
tips they wish they had been given before starting?  I know I'd like to hear
about your kernel config file and your XF86Config file, since I intend to
build from source as part of the process.  Did you install XFree86 or
XFree86-4?

Thanks in advance for any advice or war stories you can provide.
--
M/S 258-5                     | 1024-bit PGP fingerprint: | tweten@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center     |  41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59 |      (650) 604-4416