Date:      Tue, Apr 18 2000 12:35:03 GMT-0400
From:      jfreeze@qx.net
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: Netscape6 on 3.4R

>If you installed linux-base reasonably recently it would be 6.1 .
>You can check with
>
>ls /var/db/pkg/linux_base*

I have linux_base-5.2.

That brings a few questions.
1) I suppose I can uninstall this easily enough with
 pkg_delete linux_base-5.2
2) I am behind a firewall and have not been able to get ports to automatically download ports or packages.
What is the full path for where to get linux_base-6.1?
I checked ftp.freebsd.org but was not able to find 6.l.
A port or package will do. Preferably a package.
3) Where did you get netscape6? Did you use the linux version of netscape from mozilla.org? Or is it available from ftp.freebsd.org? If so, what is the full path to this?
4) What install steps did you take to install netscape? I downloaded the mozilla version and it was not clear how to install. This is assuming that I don't use the ports.

Thanks much. I would like to get this working.
Jim