Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:06:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Jilani Khaldi <delphi@agata.clio.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cannot open log file!

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Jilani Khaldi wrote:

> gurab wrote:
> > A better question would be - is your Squid working OK?
> > If it can't open the log files then its not installed properly (AFAIK)
> >
> > Check the read permissions on the files - in fact, check if they even
> > exist !
> >
> > /usr/local/squid/logs/NAME OF FILE
>
> I didn't find nothing there. Even a shadow of a file. So, I am waiting
> for a better answer ;-). What I have to do now? And what does really
> "this" squid do?

make the logfile:

touch /usr/local/squid/logs/NAME OF FILE

squid is a caching server:

This is the Squid Internet Object Cache developed by the National
Laboratory for Applied Networking Research (NLANR) and Internet
volunteers.  This software is freely available for anyone to use.
The Squid home page is http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/.

check it out.

question: why did you install it if you didn't read what
it is? :)

-Alfred

> Thanks a lot.
>
> jk
>
> ps.
> the guys behind FreeBSD are really amazing!

*nod*

-Alfred