Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:34:04 -0600
From:      Eric_Stanfield@kenokozie.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: control keys in sh and ee for arrow keys/backspace

Err, no.  Go to a cmd prompt and type telnet /? to get the help listing for
the telnet cmd.  It shows you how to set a terminal type to emulate.  Use
vt100 and your arrow keys will then work.

If you figure out a way to not have to do this each and every time, let me
know.

Eric Stanfield, K2Access
Keno Kozie and Associates
222 N LaSalle #1500
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 332-3000

                    Suresh Ramasubramanian
                    <mallet@efn.org>                 To:     FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
                    Sent by:                         cc:
                    owner-freebsd-questions@F        Subject:     Re: control keys in sh and ee for arrow keys/backspace
                    reeBSD.ORG

                    01/03/01 02:05 AM

Dave VanAuken rearranged electrons thusly:

> 1.  when using FreeBSD's editor (ee I believe) it performs admirably
> when using the local keyboard, but spits out the ^[[A,B,C,and D
> characters when accessing it through Win2k's telnet window...  is this
> an annoyance on fbsd's part or the W2k telnet application? Any
> work-arounds?

The 'doze telnet is broken - use a decent telnet / ssh app like TeraTerm
Pro.

           --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org