Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 22:11:47 -0400
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help! Pinnacle Micro Recordable CD!

    If you get the hardware end working, I can personally attest to the
    fact that the mkisofs command in FreeBSD is very finicky about the
    options it accepts, but once you hit on the right ones it does work
    and will produce an image that, once burned onto a CD, does the right
    thing.

    I may make some changes so that the "asserts" turn into warnings about
    which non-optional flag you forgot to specify.. :-) The mkisofs stuff
    was written by Yggdrasil, and very poor quality code it is indeed!  It
    definitely has the hallmarks of something that was written by somebody
    who had little love for the task and just wanted it to work and work
    quickly.

Jordon, I've used mkisofs and im curious how it the FreeBSD driver works, how
would you go through the steps of taking a UFS tree and generating an ISO disc
off a writer attached to the box?
--

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/