Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:53:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   hacking xmkmf stuff

    Ok, I've just done a clean install of 2.1.0-RELEASE in order to best
accommodate a newly arrived drive.  The reason I did this was to design a disk
layout so that all system related stuff is kept on one drive, with part of that
drive being used for /usr/local.  All other modifications to stock
2.1.0-RELEASE are on other drives.  In keeping with this idea, I want to modify
the xmkmf Imake templates so that a number of things happen:

installations go to /usr/local/X11R6/{bin,lib,include,man}
includes are referenced from /usr/X11R6/include and /usr/local/X11R6/include
libs are referenced from /usr/X11R6/lib and /usr/local/X11R6/lib

    Has anyone done this?  I've looked at it and it looks like a fairly
complicated task.  Thanks in advance for any help!

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM