Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 1999 01:22:44 -0700
From:      Tim Baird <tim@storm.digital-rain.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice vs. FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE

I have been able to execute the setup program for SO51 under 3.2-RELEASE.
Unfortunately I have been entirely unsuccessful at running the program
itself. =20

I have had complete success in the past with SO50.

I have recieved some apparantly legitimate claims that the problem centers
around the .sversionrc file that is resident in your home directory, but
there has been no effect on the problem when I have that file present.

I can only surmise that the soffice binary is unable to see the libraries
et al that it wants after an install takes place.

I even went so far as to gut my system and start from scratch on a
completely fresh 3.2-RELEASE install.  I installed the most recent
linux_lib port and followed as precisely as possible the two install
references found at http://lt.tar.com/so50.out
and
http://www.freebsdrocks.com

There is something broken here that is beyond me...if there is someone who
can give any insight here beyond the ".sversionrc" issue I think that we
may be able to solve this...