Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:14:27 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: finger problem going from 2.1R to -current

<<On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:07:41 -0800 (PST), -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV> said:

>> What does having a Cisco router have to do with the question?  Unless
>> you're suggesting that Ciscos have the same bug is Xyplex terminal
>> servers do...

> 	Cisco has RFC1323 and RFC1644 broken according to Justin...

You are quite mistaken, as evidenced by the fact that my machine is
perfectly able to communicate with the outside world.  Furthermore...

wollman@khavrinen(121)$ f @terminus
[terminus.lcs.mit.edu]

Welcome to the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science.

You are connected to the dialup server: TERMINUS
[...]

However, our ALANTEC PowerHub (2.6) appears to have problems.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.