Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:33:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "albi" <albi@scii.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Text-based mail program which handles webmail.

> You have mentioned quite a few terms that I am unfamiliar with
> (fetchmail, remote, ssh). I have started reading the mail section of the
handbook at the moment but I would like to know if there are any other
resources I should be looking at regarding mail?

i recommend using fetchyahoo for reading your yahoo-mail on your own
machine (http://www.freshports.org/mail/fetchyahoo/), you can even choose
a https-transfer with it afair
Then install mutt (/usr/ports/mail/mutt) and make yourself a good
~/.muttrc
Take a look at http://www.mutt.org, there's loads of help and examples for
mutt there