Date:      Sat, 5 May 2007 03:32:11 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   interrupt storm irq9 and ath

Hi, me again, again a new problem with my laptop:

it's a old Vaio SRX41p, p3m@800, no apic, the BIOS (Sony U2) assigns only i=
rq9=20
to all devices.
Enabling wpa_supplicant leads to interrupt storm messages.
I've been using this laptop with 6.2 heavily but never saw any interrupt st=
orm=20
message before.
Also tuning the sysctl vrom 100 to 500 hasn't helped (can't remember the MI=
B=20
exactly right now, but of course will look if it helps).

I have compiled in cpufreq and I use powerd but that doesn't seem to be the=
=20
problem because if the machine is under load, so that est doesn't step down=
,=20
I also get the storm throttle.

Thanks,

=2DHarry

=2D-=20
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer
=46lintsbacher Str. 3
80686 M=FCnchen
+49 (0) 89 18947781