Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:00:30 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Chris <chris@ogden.sd27.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

On 30 Mar 99, at 12:51, Chris wrote:

> 	I have a question regarding the installation of FreeBSD in regards to
> current operating systems. I wish to install FreeBSD on the machine that I
> am currently using at home but it already has Windows 98 installed on it.
> The drive is a  FAT 32 formatted 8 gig hard drive with no other partitions.
> Is there a way that I can install FreeBSD without disrupting the windows 98
> system that I have running now or will I have to fdisk it, create two
> partions and start from scratch?
> Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I did just what you are about to do, only with Windows 95.  You can do it
without distrupting Windows 98.  No fdisk necessary.  But you will have to
create two partitions.  I used a FreeBSD supplied tool fips.exe which
worked very well.

See the following URL for details on what I did.

http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/dual.htm

Hope that helps.  Tell us if it doesn't.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary