Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:22:49 +0300
From:      Peter Trifonov <pvtrifonov@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   Re: Lost interrupts on SMP systems

Hello John,
On Wednesday 12 January 2005 19:13, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > Ok, can you get me the dmesg from a boot -v with both patches still?
> >
> > It can be found here:
> > http://dcn.infos.ru/~bugman/bootlog.txt
> > I have also put there output of mptable.
> > At a first glance, there are many strange things (e.g. a lot of failures
> > at various places) in this log
> > file, but I don't know which are relevant to the problem :-).
>
> Unfortunately, it's missing the earliest messages.  I'm especially curious
> if your machine claims to have an ELCR, which would be output to a serial
> console very early on.  I'll commit the current workaround for your mptable
> and work up a patch to use the ELCR if it exists for ISA busses, not just
> EISA, maybe that will help.
I have carefully inspected what the kernel says with boot -p -v. There is
nothing there about ELCR.

I have found two similar problem reports:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/40274
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/43852
Some other bug reports also mention "device timeout", but they seem to differ
considerably from my case.

If it may be helpful for you, I can even connect this box with the serial
cable to another PC and give you remote access to that one.

--
With best regards,
P. Trifonov