Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:01:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neat kernel development environment.

I'll put the device driver on http://www.freebsd.org/~julian/
but it needs teh eyes of someone who's really at home in the tty system
to look at it. I got kinda confused half way through hacking it (from the
pty driver) and it shows. basically each pair of minor numbers is a pair
and are connected to each other back-to-back.
The support for 'select' etc is a bit confused at this stage.
also originally I wanted it to shut down the other one (e.g. like
loss of carrier) when one gets closed, and for one that is openning
to stall waiting for its partner, but it turns out that makes it
hard to use with vmware. So I backed that out (which gives a bit more
confusion).

the screenshot will be there too, (but it's big)
also  the little script I use to get it all sarteed (trivial).

Julian