Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:26:13 +0400
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <ip@unixway.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loader hangs on the latest -STABLE

Hello all,

I haven=E2=80=99t been using FreeBSD since 8-STABLE times. Recently I =
tried to install latest 12-STABLE on my old computer.
But even during initial boot up loader hangs. Eventually I was able to =
proceed with installation after replacing loader in=20
the installation disk with one found in my old system 8-STABLE. The same =
happened when I tried zfs on root partition.

I used MBR partition on PATA hard drive. Motherboard was ASUS A8V =
(Athlon64).

ip