Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 19:57:26 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jesse <j@lumiere-cc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bandwidth usage

At 19:45 14-06-97 -0700, Jesse wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knew a simple method or program to determine how
>much data is being sent/received through my ethernet port (just coming
>from my machine, or going to my machine, not other machines on the
>ethernet). preferrably a live display that can show me how many k/sec are
>being transferred.

I believe that netstat in certain incarnations may do this also. It does
not have a neat graphic display but it can make a tabular output to your
display every few seconds. I think -rsi -c 'interval' is what you might
need. See 'man netstat' for the specific command line options.

Good luck,
Jason
 __   __
/ 0\ / 0\         Thank you * Highperformance.net
     )     Wannabe Sysadmin * The homeless domain
)-------(       Jason Wells * "Pardon me sir, spare some bandwidth?"
 \_____/