Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 09:18:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 164SX Hardware notes

On Tue, 21 May 2002, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:15:16AM +0200, Sten wrote:
> > Scsi :
> > recognised. LSI/Symbios 895 works. Although you might want to
> > genuine lsi, you're on your own with tekram/clones.
>
> I do not know of any Symbios 89[56] based cards that are not bootable.
> In other words, all Symbios 89[56] based cards that I know of are
> bootable.  I personally use a Tekram DC-390u2w.

Please put this in the hardware notes.
All I could find was succes with a noname 895.
It's nice to know that lsi works when you're trying
to escape the clutches of the onboard ide :)

> > I got one that really kills my alpha ( openboot errors and
>
> Alpha's do not have(use) openboot -- Sun and PCI Macs do.
> Alpha's have SRM for the firmware.

/me stands corrected
will go to sleep earlier :)

--
Sten Spans

  "What does one do with ones money,
   when there is no more empty rackspace ?"