Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:42:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Omer Faruk Sen <ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] Crawling ftp speed?

Iam having same thing with my rl0 interface.ifconfig
output is as follows:

rl0:
flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu
1500
        inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
192.168.1.255
        ether 00:02:44:37:65:1d
        media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
        status: active

Here I can see media and mediaopt( none here ).As one
of you stated I have tried to tweak mediaopt option as

#ifconfig rl0 mediaopt half-duplex
but I have that error msg:

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

I have used another option as follows:

#ifconfig rl0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

How can I make my rl interface to use half-duplex
media mode to work with my 10 mbit  hub? I can get
only 7 kb/s with my localnetwork which is really
annoying me.