Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2014 10:36:25 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   POLA.. missing --sysroot option in ld?

In our 8.0 based systems at $JOB our build environment made heavy use
of the --sysroot option in gcc and ld.

We are trying to move up to a newer release but suddenly the --sysroot
option has disappeared.

we get the message "/usr/bin/ld: this linker was not configured to use
sysroots"

Does anyone know what happened?  and when, and by who?
I have looked in the Makefiles and configuration files in SVN and I
can't see a change that would have done this..
of course the building of these tools is rather complex so I may have
missed some place..

julian