Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:29:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jesse Gross <jesse_gross@yahoo.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        Nakata Maho <chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>, john_m_cooper@yahoo.com, openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building OO.org 1.0.1 on -stable

> > Got it built! The trick to build openoffice under -stable is *NOT*
> > do it under the the console, but to build it using an X session. I
> > think the VirtualFrameBuffer hack is causing the build to die
> somehow.

Did you try building with a recent -stable? Before the problem was
corrected, sometimes the build would hang and sometimes it would build
fine. It could just be chance that it worked fine when it was in xterm.

I have not had any problems with VirtualFrameBuffer. What is the date
of your -stable?

Jesse