Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:03:47 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: changing source before make world

On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:56:36 GMT, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> I like to tweak my system [...] but i hate doing that before every
> build world.  There must be an easy way to do this, and i'm sure
> someone will tell me to either:
> 1.  Learn scripting
> 2.  Learn awk
> 3.  Learn Perl

4. Use CVS instead of CVSup, or use CVSup to pull the source repository
   instead of the source files themselves and then use CVS to update a
   local copy from the local repository.

Which way you do it will depend on your available disk space.  The
disadvantage of using CVS is that it's slower than CVSup.  It has
_loads_ of cool points over CVSup, though. :-)

See chapter 18 of the online FreeBSD Handbook for more information:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Specifically, 18.3 will be of interest to you.

Ciao,
Sheldon.