Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:29:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does Anything work in ports??!! (Was: Re: php install and ./configure -with-mysql)

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  I hate to say this, but if you're
seeing random compiler failures, it usually menas you have some bad
hardware somewhere.  Last time I encountered this problem, I replaced all
the RAM in my machine, and things started working again.  I have
suvvessfully built PHP 4.0.5 on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE.  I have not yet built
4.0.6, but I should do that.  I'll let you know how it goes.

gcc30 is _not_ required for any of the ports that I'm aware of; certainly
not Apache of PHP.

Joe Clarke